Pages

DIY Homemade Simple Winter lotion for Dry skin

Every time i read the ingredients list in most of the day creams/lotions etc with all the chemicals my heart skips a beat and takes me towards going natural albeit a little expensive.
I feel homemade one's are the best because even the lotions and creams claim to be ayurvedic/natural have a list of preservatives like ethanol's/ paraben's as preservative.  You can read about their ill effects!
I have started experimenting with my own lotion  a I have been successful so far. If you have tried my lip balm recipe this should be a breeze
So without much ado i present my lotion recipe.


List of Ingredients for about 20ml of lotion (Lasts about 15 days)

  • 1 teaspoon(5ml) of beeswax
  • 4 teaspoon of the oils, I used a blend of coconut oil and almond oil in 1:1 ratio
  • 3 teaspoon of pure rose water(distilled)
  • 2 drops of honey
  • 1 drop of neem oil
  • 3 drops of Vitamin E oil
  • 5 drops of lavender essential oil(optional/ use any essential oil of choice) 

How to:
  1.  In a double boiler, keep a clean sterilized bowl either stainless steel / glass.
  2.  Add beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil and allow them to blend and melt.
  3.  Then take it out and allow to cool but not solidify
  4.  At this stage add rose water and blend (you can either use hand blender or blend in mixer)
  5.  While blending add neem oil(it has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties) make sure you add a little unless you are ok with the strong nutty smell), Vit E oil and other essential oils( I added a blend of 20 drops of lavender with 2 drops of clove* essential oil) and then transfer the whipped cream to a jar.
*use caution when using clove oil with kids/pregnant woman.
 If you use a sterilized process then the cream even with rose water should last about a month.
Please discard if you find the smell odd or see any mold growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment